Nettle Party Dip


Seems as if life has given me an extra large scoop of fun lately.  The growing season has begun, and my head is spinning with new plants to learn.  I've been going to really great events, and meeting new friends, and have been extra busy in the happy way.

And since I'm feeling so joyful and festive, I naturally want to make party foods as well.  Because I'm overflowing with nettles, my mind immediately thought of those spinach dips that were at every party in the 90's.  You know, the ones that frequently appeared in bread bowls.  Well, this version is even better.

Stinging Nettle Party Dip

8 oz. softened cream cheese
4 oz. goat chevre
2 Tbsp. milk
1 tsp. lemon juice
1 c. blanched, squeezed dry, and chopped nettles
1 c. blanched, squeezed dry, and chopped yucca blossoms
1/4 c. chopped wild onion greens
1/4 tsp. salt
pinch of red chile flakes

1.  Use and hand mixer to whip together the cream cheese, goat cheese, milk, lemon juice, salt, and chile flakes.

2.  Stir in the nettles, yucca blossoms, and onion greens with a spoon until they are well distributed.

Try this recipe with bread, crudites, tossed into warm pasta, atop a baked potato, or on some of my gluten-free wild oregano crackers.


I'm sharing this recipe with the Hearth and Soul hop, and Real Food Wednesday, and Pennywise Platter Thursday.

Popular Posts